Saturday, July 31, 2010

Man Boy...with a side of Douche...

So the other day I was in Toys R Us with my son, shopping for a birthday gift. So immediately he makes a b line for the video games...Expected, he's 12 after all.

So as we are in there and I am telling him "NO" to his first 8 choices, I notice that it is quite loud an animated in our little corner of the store. Low and behold on the stand up gaming pod or what ever the hell it is. Where you can try out the new games...Are 2 grown men having some sort of spastic fits playing a game.

Now when I say grown men I don't mean 21 year olds, you need a little back and knuckle hair to be considered grown. I'm talking early to mid 40's adult males. They were hooting and hollering about how "Awesome the graphics" were and how "realistic the kill shot is". WTF?

So I thought maybe it was their first time playing a video game since Frogger and they were amazed at how far they come. So ...me being me...Nosey Nellie...I listened a little more and a little closer. Turns out...these guys were Pros...gamers...video junkies...or in short..LOSERS!

They were there sans kids to buy the new "Code of Douche Bag 7" and were ranting back and forth on how much "Like way better" it is than Code of Douche bag 6. They went on and on about sight lines, scopes, targets and graphics. If I did not leave soon I am sure I would of impaled them with a Wii. I was this close to screaming.."GROW THE HELL UP! DORKS"...
What made it worse was that they were playing the game my 12 year old...respectable video game age...wanted, and that I "Big Bad Mom" told him no...We don't do war or gun games in my house. To me these things should not be perceived as fun.

So here's the deal...or deal breaker shall we say. My husband and I met later in life, we were both in our mid 30's. If at any point in our dating time I had found out my husband was a "gamer", this would of been a deal breaker for me. No matter how FABULOUS he was. To me this is a huge red flag of many deeper underlying issues...and it's DOUCHY...total turn off...Just slap a "Never Getting Laid" sign on their forehead now.

My dear friend bitches about this very issue on a constant basis. Her husband just spent an extra $1200 to get a laptop with a certain type of video card in it for his gaming. He wakes up in the middle of the night to play with some dude in Australia...NUTS...GET A LIFE..a REAL ONE!

Dear men who "Game"..you have no game...you have issues.

Cheers

She Said!

6 comments:

  1. Hah! Since you met him in your 30s, you have only yourself to blame. The male of the species is a truly wonderful gift, but they must hunt, conquer and kill. It's part of the DNA and a thin veneer of civilized behavior of a few thousand years is nothing by comparison. Be greatful it is middle of the night with Australia and not Bambi bleeding on the carpet or the hootchie down at the local bar getting laid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...so NOT me who has the "gamer" guy..That would be a Deal Breaker for me...read a little closer and you will see it is my friend's Hubs who is a total loser...And the whole hunt, conquer, kill thing..really? This is a reason to accept "pretending" to kill a 3 dimensional image on a FAKE battle filed with little red & blu buttons...?? Umm nope..don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi. I have no problem with a little recreational gaming, once in a while. But this level of obsession and immersion is a bit much for a grown man. There comes a time one needs to grow out of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. I would draw the line there!! My husband has been known to stay up until or get up at the crack of stupid to watch an olympic hockey game in a different time zone but you'd never catch him camping out over night outside of BestBuy waiting for the newest version of Halo. I can handle being a hockey widow on occasion but leaving our bed to play World of Warcraft or similar crap in the middle of the night like your friend's hubby would land him in a race car bed with side rails in the kiddie room where he belongs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most definitely a deal breaker for me - I am with you...

    No different then those boys / Men that played D&D in high school.

    Yikes - run girlfriend - run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree for the most part....too much playing is insane and shouldn't be tolerated. On the other hand, sometimes I like playing video games with the BF for a little while...like an hour. I'm kinda lucky though....I offered to buy any gaming console he wanted for his bday and he said no, he didn't want to be consumed by the game!

    ReplyDelete